Did you ever notice that we are not specifically required to take "communication" courses in school?
We never formally learn how to prepare a speech, speak with confidence, how to deliver an elevator speech to tell people who you are and what you do, or to formally introduce yourself for a job or opportunity. We do not learn how to speak about our experience without sounding like we are bragging and we do not learn how to speak to media or give a solid soundbite.
And don't get me started on how we do not learn how to use body language to our advantage, how to maintain a conversation, or how to even hold a microphone. Oh and calming your nerves before speaking? We don't learn that either.
Regardless of our positions in life, we are all expected to interview for jobs, speak at events, give presentations, and more.
We all have a mouth.
We all speak.
We all have something to say.
And many times, we just do not know how to say what we want to say.
We were never taught how to communicate.
Well, that ends today. Read on, friends!
HOW we work together:
We can work together one-on-one via private coaching OR via a group workshop experience. Maybe you want your sales team to learn how to talk about your product with excitement? Maybe you want to master that presentation for your upcoming event? Whatever the case, let's connect today and see how we can eliminate your communication fears and make your next speaking engagement your best yet!
- Creating your elevator pitch
- You bring the presentation, let's master the delivery
- Discovering your message
- Improving your communication skills (inflection, tone, enunciation, body language etc)
- Resume editing/mock interviews for a job or media interview
- First consult: general assessment of your strengths and weaknesses, understanding your needs, creating your personal training/coaching plan
- Second session (and beyond): we spend each session developing your skills. We celebrate your victories and make a plan of attack for things you could improve upon. You will leave each session with a detailed list of things to work on before our next session.
How Many Sessions Do You Need?
That's up to you. During your first consult, we will complete an assessment. You will get my honest feedback and we will decide on how many sessions you want and can do.
If you honestly need one session, we will book one session. I'm not setting up 10 sessions for no reason; there is not hustle here. We work around your schedule and your personal needs.